Hey blog world... is anybody out there? Been slacking on the posts, as I'm sure you've all noticed (hello?) ANYWAYS.
Happy almost 2014! The end of the year always inspires both reflection and intention setting. Instead of mulling over what I've learned, I'm going to start by sharing what I am letting go of, and, then, what I am creating in 2014.
Putting out into the universe what you intend to create/do/experience is WILDLY powerful. As soon as the commitment leaves your mouth (or keyboard, for this matter), it's one step closer to becoming a reality. At the end of 2012, I said that I wanted to go to Costa Rica in 2013. A few months later, my mom won a free trip. THAT is the magic of living like anything is possible and really believing in the power of positive thought.
This little quote from The Alchemist is by far my favorite reminder of what it means to live with intention and follow your dreams. When you have integrity about what you want and listen to your intuition about the things and people you are drawn to (or conversely, repelled from), the universe lends you support. How awesome is that??? Now what IS it that you want? Here are my initial thoughts on what I am committed to:
I'm Letting Go Of....
- The need to control
- Body scrutiny
- Rash, emotional communication
- Trying to do it all, right now
- Pleasing everyone
- The need for acceptance from others
- The need to feel safe
I Am Creating....
- Deep self trust - listening with a sensitive ear to my instincts and developing a higher level of consciousness
- Peace of mind - the ability to "turn it off" (it, usually being the ego)
- Self love
- A job working in empowerment and self esteem
- More balance - between personal/professional, time alone/time with others, health/indulgence, reflection/expression...
- Travel (Thailand, Chicago, Nashville, Europe)
- Intimate, open, honest, enriching relationships
- A powerful, marvelous life
Here's one more Alchemist quote that I relish:
What are you going to do with your precious moment?
"Life Round Here" by James Blake
Favorite song of the moment... (or past million moments):
"Black Out Days" by Phantogram